Renaissance and Reformation
7th CA SS Standards
• Describe the revival of classical learning and examine ideas of humanism, secularism, and individualism.
• Explain the importance of Florence and other Italian city-states in the spread of ideas.
• Discuss the advances in communication, especially the Gutenberg printing press.
• Learn about the achievements made by Renaissance scholars, artists, writers, and scientists.
• List the issues that divided and weakened the Catholic church.
• Describe the ideas of Reformation leaders like Martin Luther and John Calvin.
Explain the new practices of Protestant churches and the response of the Catholic church during the Counter Reformation.
Lessons and PowerPoints
Trimester 3 Week x
Unit Assignments (Portfolio)
Islam Final_Multiple Choice